Monday, July 28, 2008

Clinically Deppressed


I know I've been coming on all paranoid/whiny/angry(sorry Derrick) of late so to balance that out here are my Thai turn on's:
The King- If your going to have pictures of one dude everywhere you could do a lot worse than this fellow. Very dapper and rumour has it he was quite a playboy in his past. Player!!!
Straws- With every drink you will buy in Thailand you will receive one of these . They come in different sizes depending on the drink. The Thai people have too much respect for themselves to put their naked mouth directly on a bottle. Lesson Learnt.
Scooter Daring- This is incredible. Sometimes you will get two babies ,five women and a small elephant on one of these zooming through traffic. It is the bravest most terrifying thing I have ever seen.
Uniforms- Confusing but amazing . Everyone wears one. Car park attendants look like Policemen and Policemen look like butlers and nurse look like bell hops. And they all carry guns.
Door Staff at my Hotel- Many people would see these women as rude. They ignore you for about fifteen minutes then yell orders at you that you can't understand. I know their game though. They are testing me. I intend to pass. Maybe we will all hug at the end of this ordeal.
Tuk-Tuk hustlers- I know they can get annoying but there is something charming about their lazy brand of con. They Stand around a laugh at everybody and fall asleep in their machines for hours.
Siam Square+Malls- This city ids dirty and loud but these westernised sections of Bangkok act as palette cleansers. Relax in the air conditioned glow of commerce.Ahhhhhhhh.
Obscure Street food- I find the best gear is found in the dirtiest alley way next too a mechanic and a rag place. They are often reluctant to serve me and when they do they will not let me eat with the other customers. Not even a chair is offered. I have to stand outside with my plate. But it's so worth it.

So you see it not so bad after all. Long Live the King.

No comments: