Saturday, July 26, 2008

Open Letter to Derrick Carter



Dear Derrick Carter

Thanks for missing your plane dude. That was real nice of you.
Oh, don't worry about me. I had heaps of fun.
It was the first night I decided to really let my hair down in Bangkok and I saw you where playing. I used to listen to you a lot when I was younger and I wanted to see what you where up too these days.
Apparently missing planes.
I sat at the makeshift bar at the front of my hotel(BY MYSELF) and had about eight mojitos . Is there anything more lonely than drinking mojito's by yourself sitting in front of a seven eleven?
So I got juiced and I and caught a taxi to a place called Club Culture. And there was a huge sign saying that you where not coming. It was laminated. You can't fault the professionalism of the Club Culture guys.
Then I was told I could get a refund or pay half price and drink free till eleven. They had free Vodka. It was coming out of this huge iceberg and being served by what looked like a lost Japanese boy band. Again props to CC.
The problem with going to clubs by yourself Derrick is that it makes you feel vaguely creepy. Kinda like those middle aged men that go to Schoolies week. Like I was just skulking around waiting for "good times" to get a Little drunk so I could slip it some rohypnol. I would say this magnified when there is no good reason to be there (For Example: Derrick Carter)
The club was empty until about eleven(I got there at nine). I was guzzling down that iceberg juice like you would not believe. I was so drunk I would just begin laughing at myself like a madman.
Oh by the way good job with your replacement. He was some dutch guy I had never of heard who played the type of music that hated your music. I Mean really hated.It wanted to hit your music in it's stupid face.
I stayed there till about one.The whole time I was basically pretending to have fun. Like some weird nightclub spy.
I was dancing and everything.
I hope they bought it.
And then I topped it off by stopping why stopping off at some backpacker place near my hotel just in time to catch a Thai cover band play Robbie Williams epic masterpiece "Angels". And I cried and cried and cried.
I have recorded my sobbing in hopes that you could use it in your next Boompty Boomp track. It's quirky.





Love Always





Damian

PS

Buy a fucking watch .

No comments: